Monday, 3 June 2013

The Holy Trinity Stephen-Makhrischenski monastery / Свято-Троицкий Стефано-Махрищенский монастырь

Holy Trinity Stephen Makhrischenski monastery
Holy Trinity Stephen Makhrischenski monastery /
Свято-Троицкий Стефано-Махрищенский монастырь
The Holy Trinity Stephen-Makhrischenski monastery was founded in 1353 in the vicinity of present-day Aleksandrov. By that time, the Church already had been  freed from taxation for about a 100 years. It was actively expanding its landownership, successfully trading, and managing property. The appearance of the monastery-neighbour sparked off a local peasants’ rebellion. They feared loss of land. Under the threat of death the monastery founder, the reverend Stephen (?-1406) had to flee from the peoples’ wrath.
В 1353 году в окрестностях нынешнего Александрова был основан Свято-Троицкий Стефано-Махрищенский монастырь. К тому времени Церковь была освобождена от налогов уже почти 100 лет, активно расширяла свои землевладения и успешно вела торгово-хозяйственную деятельность. Появление соседа-монастыря вызвало волнения среди местного крестьянства, связанные с возможностью утери земли. Под угрозой смерти его основатель преподобный Стефан (?-1406) был вынужден бежать от народного гнева.
Gate church passage arch, Holy Trinity Stephen Makhrischenski monastery
Gate church passage arch/
Арка надвратной церкви
Several times the monastery was practically destroyed. Nevertheless, each time the monastery was revived - after a fire (at the end of the 15th century), an attack by Polish troops (1613), or being dismantled to aid the construction of an airstrip (1942, WW2). 

In the Soviet period, the monastery was closed and its property was used by various secular institutions and establishments. Only 70 years later (1993) the monastery had been restored. The remains of the buildings were renovated, the churches rebuilt, and the territory improved through the labours of nuns and the help and  support philanthropists.
Несколько раз монастырь был практически уничтожен. Но каждый раз после пожара (конец 15 века), разорения польскими войсками (1613), разбора храмов на кирпич для постройки аэродрома (1942во время Великой Отечественной),  монастырь возрождался. 

В Советский период монастырь был закрыт, а его имущество было передано в пользование различным светским организациям и учреждениям. И только через 70 лет (1993) обитель начала восстанавливаться. Услилиями монахинь и при помощи благотворителей остатки уцелевших построек подновлены, церкви восстановлены, территория благоустроена.
Arch-pastor inn, Holy Trinity Stephen Makhrischenski monastery
Arch-pastor inn / Архипастырская гостиница
From 1925 until 1975 the monastery territory served as an orphanage. Today acting monastery continues the educational work of the Soviet period. A new orphanage for girls was opened here in 2002. In addition to secular education, the girls receive a general knowledge of religion, undertake various excursions, learn to draw, and participate in the monastery life.
С 1925 по 1975 годы на территории монастыря размещался приют для детей-сирот. Сегодня действующий монастырь фактически продолжает воспитательную деятельность Cоветского периода. В 2002 году здесь вновь открыт приют для девочек-сирот. В дополнение к светскому образованию они получают общее представление о религии, ездят на экскурсии, учатся рисовать и участвуют в жизни монастыря. 
Ven. Stephen church, Holy Trinity Stephen Makhrischenski monastery
Ven. Stephen church  / Храм в честь преподобного Стефана
The main sacred place of the monastery is the church of Stephen Makhrischenski. It was founded in 1558 with the aid of Ivan the Terrible and his spouse Anastasia. The church keeps the miraculous icon of Our Lady of Tikhvin and relics of the reverend Stephen Makhrischenski.
Главная святыня монастыря церковь преподобного Стефана Махрищенского, основанная (1558) при участии Ивана Грозного и его супруги Анастасии. Здесь хранятся чудотворная икона Тихвинской Божией матери и мощи преподобного Стефана Махрищенского.

No comments:

Post a Comment